Thursday, March 4, 2010

Finally- something that works!







Like so many other moms, I am fed up with my postbaby(x2) body. All I want is to look and feel good in my clothes again!!!! I could use a little more energy too, and I know losing a few lbs gets you some energy back. I'm only 31 but I feel so much older these days. My knees are weak, I can't run or even walk very fast without becoming winded, and I hate to bend down and pick things up because my back is always hurting. I have tried for 3 years to "eat right" and exercise only to lose 5 lbs or so and gain it back 2-3 weeks later once I have fallen off my diet. I know myself and know by now it's going to take something a little more drastic, something to hold me accountable, to get me in shape. I don't want to spend another summer uncomfortable in my swimsuit. I have two kids to worry about now, not whether or not the people at the pool think I should be in my swimsuit. :)

A couple weeks ago, I decided to take the Nutrisystem challenge! I ordered it and in the days waiting on it to ship, I got myself psyched up for it and ate all the pizza and cookies I wanted. The money invested in it was my motivation at first. But it no longer is about the money. 13 days and 9 lbs later, I am amazed at what I am seeing. I feel great and know I will feel even better with each additional lb gone and day behind me. This program works! Hopefully they find my blog and ask me to be a spokesperson because that is what I sound like already.:) I don't plan on attaching any before/after pics of myself but here are some pics of my kids having a ball with all my Nutrisystem food the day it came in. Drew sat up shop and said "Mommy, come to my store and pick out some really yummy food"! I replied, "I sure will"!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Congrats! I did Jenny Craig right after Knox. Don't you like having it all right there for you? Now, I'm on my own. It's hard and it only gets harder the more kids you have. I was at the gym at 4:30 this morning trying to get my a** back in shape!! Keep goin' girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! How did Jenny Craig work?!? Nutrisystem is pretty easy to do. The food isnot the best but it's edible and, really, I guess some of it is good. I'm dying inside for a piece of pizza though.:) Your right, it would've been a lot easier if I had made sure I lost all my weight from Drew before getting pregnant with Caroline. Oh well..can't go back now! hehe! Good for you going to the gym at 4:30 a.m...now that's something to be proud of! I'm taking the lazy route, just eating food they sent right to my door and taking Caroline on a stroll here and there for my exercise!

    ReplyDelete