Sunday, August 30, 2009

My poor baby!




YUCK, YUCK, YUCK to tiny, innocent, little babies having to get shots! I knew it was coming though and figured since I had been through it once, it'd be no big deal. Kids have to have their shots and they never remember the pain so it's really no big deal, right? Not so much...every mother hates everything about it but is forced to grin and bear it way too often in the first year. It's completely not fair and completely pitiful to watch. But yes, it is absolutely necessary and keeps our precious little ones well. I just wish there was liquid vaccine that you could just slip in their bottles. :)
Caroline went in for her 2 month well visit on Friday. We found out she is a very healthy baby girl ranking in the 89th percentile on weight. Wow- where did my tiny newborn go?!?! She is now a plump, little almost 13lb bundle of pure joy! Her shots came next and big brother Drew was practically on the table with his little sissy. He was even holding her hand like I do his when he goes to the doctor. He said on the way there "Why baby sister gettin' a shot"? After explaining this to him, I knew he was very anxious and wouldn't miss a thing while we were there. He watched with concern as she cried so hard after each shot. I assured him sissy would be fine. He is so proud and protective of his baby sister!
We had a wonderful weekend with my mom and stepfather Stew. There was lots of eating, swimming, and shopping going on. Drew picked out his new backpack (Transformers) for preschool and insisted on sporting it around the mall. He also enjoyed helping pick out new fall clothes at BabyGap and Children's Place. This child loves clothes! He actually enjoys trying them on. I will enjoy this while it lasts. Shoe shopping was last week and he enjoyed this too. He is such a silly little boy! He is really excited to start preschool in September. I am super excited too. I just know being a preschool mommy is going to be lots of fun! I can't wait to hear all of his stories and meet his little friends. He is going to have so much fun learning! Caroline did great over the weekend after her shots, sleeping more than usual but no fever or real fussiness. What a little trooper she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment